1nm * DataAnalysis * nCNC * PSM * YourResearch
New data post-analysis tools for A11 nCNC data released
Quite often during a measurement campaign, there is not enough time to really focus on the data of an individual instrument. Sometimes you would for example like to change the settings of the inversion, like the number of size bins or the estimate of diffusion losses in the sampling lines, after the measurement campaign. This is why the Airmodus A11 nCNC system saves both the online inverted data and the raw data.
Airmodus offers free data post-analysis tools that make it possible to invert the A11 nCNC scanning mode data with different settings still after the measurements. As the platform for data analysis, we chose an open source software called Scilab (https://scilab.io/). It is a tool that can be used for numerical analysis and data visualization.
Airmodus uses GitHub (https://github.com/Airmodus) to distribute the data analysis tools for A11 nCNC data, in order to have fully see-through data analysis—and to have the chance to work with the whole user network on new methods and tools to better use the A11 nCNC data. Every user is free to suggest new functions, methods etc. to the code, and can make their own codes available for other users as well.
The latest version of the scanning data inversion tool has many updates to the data analysis process, including:
- Better utilization of the calibration data
- The fitting is now based on linear interpolation, and thus follows much better the calibration data.
- Better data visualization
- The data bins are visualized for individual size distribution scans. Also, the total number of particles above the largest size bin is plotted.
- New optional data quality check before the inversion is implemented
- This option prevents inversion errors by not inverting unqualified data. Please see the Airmodus GitHub page for more information.
- Improved error handling